|When:||Back to Calendar May 16, 2013 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm||Where:||Arlington County Board Room, 3rd Floor
2100 Clarendon Boulevard
|✔ Add to Calendar Add to Google Calendar|
Registration 1-1:30 p.m.
Industry Briefing 1:30-3:30 p.m.
Arlington County’s Office of the Purchasing Agent, Department of Management and Finance, and the Division of Transportation and Development (DOT), Department of Environmental Services, will conduct an Industry Forum.
The industry briefing is intended to provide private sector firms with an overview of our transportation program and procurement policies, with a specific focus on the Columbia Pike and Route 1 corridors. The briefing will be a factual presentation of the work program to help give firms an indication of what work the County intends to do in the next 12-18 months and any associated procurement. We plan to hold this event annually.
The DOT staff will present roadway, traffic systems and signal, and transit projects, including the streetcar program, for both corridors. DOT staff will also review funding plans and identify anticipated procurement of professional program management, planning, design, and construction services.
The Purchasing Agent staff will provide guidance on general requirements for conducting business with the County, and the various forms of procurement including the recently adopted Public Private Transportation Act Guidelines for Arlington County.
All planning, architectural and engineering, professional management consulting firms, general contractors and suppliers, including small, minority, and women-owned or disadvantaged businesses, who may be interested in these business opportunities are encouraged to attend.
1 – 1:30 p.m. Registration and Networking
1:30 – 2:45 p.m.
Welcome and Opening Remarks – Dennis Leach, Director of Transportation
Columbia Pike Corridor Projects
- Columbia Pike Multimodal – William Roberts, Division of Transportation
- Transportation Systems and Signals – Wayne Wentz, Division of Transportation
- Columbia Pike Streetcar – Mary Shavalier, Division of Transportation
Route 1 Corridor Projects
- Crystal City Streets Program – Katherine Youngbluth, Division of Transportation
- Crystal City – Potomac Yard Transitway – Matthew Huston, Division of Transportation
- Crystal City Streetcar – Matthew Huston, Division of Transportation
- Crystal City Intermodal Center and Metrorail Station Second Entrance – Matthew Huston, Division of Transportation
- Pentagon City Second Elevator and Pedestrian Tunnel – Matthew Huston, Division of Transportation
Procurement Overview – Elizabeth Dooley, Department of Management and Finance, Office of the Purchasing Agent
Federal Guidelines – Stephen Del Giudice, Division of Transportation
2:45 – 3:25 p.m. Facilitated Question and Answer
Closing – Dennis Leach, Director of Transportation